Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thing 15 -- Technorati

Technorati is a great tool. 23 Things' explanation was comprehensive and helpful. I had been using Technorati during the week or two before the election. It was pretty fascinating to keep track of such an important American phenomenon through the bloggers' perspective. It's a whole new way of experiencing news and so many bloggers have become unintentional media moguls through their reactions to important news stories or the fact that they were in a certain place and time.

This assignment led me to explore it further, taking a look at the photo and video features. It's also exciting to see what is out there in images right now. This meant an hour long detour checking out "where the hell is Matt?," the guy who dances around the world. I got a chance to show my husband and kids, and this led us to a fun hour of thinking about the world and places and people; it was wonderful, totally non-linear, and not at all how I'm used to learning things. It's good for me to open up these new possibilities of learning, but it does keep me from doing things like cleaning my house!

No comments: