Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Back to Work

I just got back from a week long road trip with my family to Michigan. Yes, we planned a road trip when gas prices are at an all time high! It was fun to see some of the great lakes and the midwest, but we were glad to be home, and as always, impressed to see our beautiful Vermont again. We felt we were very objective in thinking it was much more gorgeous than the midwest.

We visited my niece, who works for Google in the midwest. What a great company to work for! It has definitely spoiled her for working anywhere else!

Now it is back to work; lots of projects for school librarians over the summer. Someone asked me if I worked in the summer. If I didn't do anything regarding my library, I don't think I would be able to start the school year! We have computers to set up, a wireless system to attack, DCF books to read, books to order and process, a collection to finish cataloguing online, never mind all the usual AV equipment maintenance, etc. It may be my poor time management, or it may be the nature of library work. What do you think?

No comments: